Skip the coffee shop, this simple yet delicious Coffee Tonic recipe for creating your own at home will do the trick for less $.
Calling all coffee lovers! Are you looking for a unique and invigorating coffee drink to beat the heat? Look no further than this Coffee Tonic recipe!
The Coffee Tonis is a delightful concoction that combines the bold flavors of espresso or cold brew coffee with the refreshing effervescence of tonic water.
So, grab your favorite coffee beans, a bottle of tonic water, and let's dive into this revitalizing caffeine-infused beverage that will keep you cool and energized all summer long.
First, what is a Coffee Tonic?
The Coffee Tonic is a contemporary coffee-based beverage that has gained popularity in coffee shops across the United States, especially in vibrant cities like San Francisco and New York. This delightful drink is a fusion of two worlds—the rich, robust flavors of coffee and the bubbly, thirst-quenching nature of tonic water.
It's reminds me of a mocktail in all the good ways.
- Cold brew concentrate - You can also used chilled espresso or a strong black coffee.
- Simple syrup - This is optional but will add a touch of sweetness to balance the bitter taste of coffee and tonic water. You can also experiment with alternative sweeteners such as maple syrup for a more unique flavor profile.
- Tonic - Fever Tree and Q Tonic are popular choices among coffee enthusiasts due to their high-quality ingredients and balanced taste. Keep in mind that different tonic waters offer varying levels of bitterness and botanical flavors.
- To create your own Coffee Tonic, you'll need a few key ingredients. Begin by preparing a shot of espresso or a cold brew concentrate. If you don't have an espresso machine, fear not! A French press or a Moka pot can also be used to brew a strong coffee concentrate.
- Next, make a simple syrup by dissolving equal parts of sugar and hot water, allowing it to cool before use.
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes, then pour your chosen coffee concentrate over the ice. Add the desired amount of tonic water then serve.
Enhancing Your Coffee Tonic
Now comes the fun part—customizing your Coffee Tonic to suit your taste preferences! There are countless ways to elevate this refreshing drink and make it your own.
- For a hint of citrus, squeeze in some fresh lemon or lime juice and garnish with a slice of citrus or a lemon twist.
- If you prefer a more herbaceous twist, consider adding a sprig of fresh herbs. Mint or basil would be a great addition to your Coffee Tonic
- Make it boozy by adding a splash of coffee liqueur
Iced Coffee FTW
So, the next time you're looking for a refreshing and unique coffee drink, skip the traditional iced coffee and give this Coffee Tonic recipe a try.
It's is a must-try drink for any coffee lover, offering a balance between the familiar flavors of classic cocktails and the invigorating qualities of caffeine. Its effervescent nature, combined with the bitter and citrusy notes, makes it an ideal companion on hot summer days.
Coffee Tonic Recipe
- 6 ounces tonic water
- 3 ounces cold brew concentrate
- Simple syrup optional for sweetness, to taste
- Slice of orange or lemon optional
- Fill a tall glass with ice then pour in the tonic water. Pour in the coffee and simple syrup if using then gently stir. Garnish with citrus if using then serve.